الوصفة باللغة العربية اسفل الصفحة ⇓
Enough For: 4 people
Preparing Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
1 & 1/2 cup (250g) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp (1g) salt
1 tsp (4g) baking powder
1/2 tsp (2g) vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ( 1 g ) baking soda
2 tbsp ( 15 g) granulated sugar
75 g ice-cold unsalted butter (cubed)
70 g sour cream
– Combine all ingredients (except sour cream and egg) in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix all ingredients until a crumbly dough is formed.
– Whip the egg with the sour cream in a separate bowl.
– Add wet ingredients to dry in two patches. Mix in between with a fork. At this point, the dough will be crumbly and a bit floury.
– Transfer the dough to a working surface and press down with the palm of your hand to compact the dough. While compacting, shape it into a rectangle.
– Cut the dough in 4 pieces and stack them on each other. Press down with your hand or a rolling pin to flatten the dough a bit. Repeat the process one more time. Then, roll out the dough into 2 cm thickness.
– Dip a rounded cookie cutter in flour and cut the scones. When you cut, just place on the dough and press down without rotating the cutter. To release the scones, just tap the cutter on the surface. If the cutter is well floured, the scones will come out pretty easy.
– Place the scones on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
– Place the scones in the freezer to chill for 15-20 minutes.
– Brush the top of the scone with milk, make sure it doesn’t fell off the sides. Then, sprinkle some granulated sugar.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 150 c for 20-25 minutes. Halfway through, take the scones out and apply a second layer of milk on the surface. Serve immediately with jam or cream.